Saturday, October 1, 2011

Meal Planning for the Week

I'm working on our meal plan today so thought I'd share. It's a good week because I just got Eating Well and Southern Living in the mail plus there are some special events happening so that means baking!

Breakfasts: Ever the same, kefir and eggs for Kevin. Yogurt with fruit or eggs for Caitlin. 

Lunches: Leftovers, salads, peanut butter sandwiches (major pb kick lately!)

Dinners: 
French Onion Soup and Caesar Salad w/ Chicken (both homemade) on Tuesday
Beef and Broccoli- a loose interpretation of Eating Well's recipe on Wednesday (Loose interpretation because I'll use some steak we have in our freezer that's not flank. Plus I don't have all the special Asian sauces it calls for nor the desire to buy them.) 
Roasted veggies, whatever's cheap to take to life group on Thursday
Friday is the big opening reception for Kate's show! So we'll eat there. 

Baking:
Champagne Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream for Kate's show
Frosting the Applesauce Spice Cupcakes for Kate's show with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese

And last but not least, next weekend is Kevin's BIRTHDAY! Kevin's not a huge dessert fan but in my house, it's not a birthday if there's no cake. So he requested a german chocolate cake. Well fancy that, there's a recipe in my new Southern Living! Plus, I'm going to make the pumpkin, cinnamony, sugary bread that he somehow stumbled upon and emailed me a link to (with the subject, "just a suggestion"). Subtlety has always been his strong suit. If there's one kind of sweet Kevin will go nuts over it is breakfast sweets. If it has cinnamon, sugar and a glaze, he's there. Cinnamon rolls in lieu of grooms' cake anyone? So after I recovered from the shock that Kevin apparently reads food blogs, I decided to oblige and whip this up for his birthday breakfast. I'll do my best to document the process when it happens!

So what are you making this week? Do you meal plan? Or are you feeling good if it's not cereal for dinner? :) 


2 comments:

  1. I do not meal plan but I wish I did! I think about it a lot, mostly when I'm foraging the fridge for Dean's "dinner." Have you ever made food on weekend and then freeze for the week? That's probably my best option. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done that with breakfast stuff, like pancakes or egg sandwiches and sometimes I'll freeze leftovers. That is a great idea to cook on the weekends though!

    ReplyDelete